Very pleased to announce that I will begin work on a run of stock frames. It is a lugged steel randonneur frame, dubbed the “Super Randonneur” or “SR” after the award that is presented to those that complete the randonneur brevet series of a 200km, 300, 400 and 600km. There will be 5 sizes available, and the first batch will be of 12 frames.
A well made randonneur bike balances performance with comfort, along with being equipped for varying road and weather conditions, providing lighting for night riding and capable of carrying a small load. Though designed around the rigors of randonneuring, the inherent features of this style of bike make it ideal for daily riding and light touring. My own randonneur bike has basically been my daily rider for the past 6 years.
Listed below is the sizing chart, standard features, various options and extras that will be available. Being a small, one man shop, I am able to offer quite a few options which probably makes the “SR” more of a semi-custom frame set than a stock one. I hope the information is straightforward and concise. Please feel free to email or call with any questions. If this looks like the kind of bike that you are interested in, you can reserve one in your size with a deposit.
- Standard diameter Columbus SL tubing, with CroMor for the seat stays and fork blades
- Henry James Lugs
- Built around 650b x 42mm tires with use of fenders
- 130mm rear spacing
- Low-trail fork geometry for use with front rack
- Rack and fender braze-ons
- In-frame wiring for fender mounted tail light
- Choice of either 1″ threaded or 1″ threadless steer tube
- Choice of type of brake mounting for either centerpull, cantilever or caliper brakes
- Custom top tube or seat tube length (pre-order only)
- Available in either light blue or leaf green
- Compass Center Brakes $345
- Sterling Silver Headbadge $100
- Bronze Headbadge $75
- Connectorless generator hub fork drop outs $150
- Couplers $400
- Pump peg and chain hanger braze-ons $25 each
- Custom fit $250 plus cost of fitting (pre-order only)
- Custom paint starting at $250
- Standard Frame and Fork $2100
- 3 levels of build kits for a complete bike. Complete bikes will start at $3600, not including fenders or racks.
- $500 non-refundable deposit for standard geometry, order anytime
- Please email me at jeremy(at)galluscycles.com or call 817 757 2944 to discuss options
- First batch should be complete by early Spring
- Since the fork and brake braze-ons are not made/installed till the frame is ordered, the bike does not get painted till it has been ordered. Please allow one month for this work to be completed and delivery.